What is the best Month to plant an apple tree in MN

ramsey county/st paul,mn, United States Us

What is the sweetest apple that thrives in cold weather

Well Snailman, I would say in the UK that Red Devil would be a good bet though I don't know if it's called that over there? Cultivar names can be quite different and indeed, you may well have completely different cultivars available to you than us.

Hopefully, a fellow countryman will help you.

I will be planting a number of fruit trees and soft fruit busher in November that is more or less the start of our winter which is the dorment period for trees , this is why you can plant bear root trees, other trees get planted in the middle of winter, with us jan &feb .sorry right answer wrong question if you go on google and type in j parker them click contact us you will be able to ask them your question they will know and are very helpfull.

just thought can you get russet apples, they will stand the coald and are sweetest apples I have ever tasted , one snag the peal is rugh and you have to peal them, but the yellowish apple under the skin is to die for.

I think I found an apple I like Golden or yellow delicious.

Thank you all.

• Apple Blossom
  • Crab Apple now in Blossom
  • Clematis & crab apple arbour  (malus, clematis)
  • Apple Blossom 2 (Malus domestica (Apple))

« When do I dig up my Parsnips and Leeks