The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

Long meal handled leaf gatherer

United Kingdom Gb

Was give a pair years ago and now cannot find them. Really like a long pair of metal hadled scissors with metal scoops at the bottom so you dont have to bed down. Have seen a pair but the scoops are plastic and therefore not nearly so sturdy. Any advice?



They're new to me !

17 Sep, 2009


Me too! We just rake the leaves into heaps and collect into sacks to take to the leaf mould store area.

17 Sep, 2009


I have only seen the plastic ones for sale recently. Try requesting on freecylce some one may have a pair you can have (for free) I just rake them into a pile and user my metal scarifyer to help lift.

17 Sep, 2009


B sometimes uses a couple of pieces of board

17 Sep, 2009


New to me - I've got those bright green plastic things that you still have to bend over to use. What's "meal" handled mean, never heard of it?

17 Sep, 2009


I assumed that meant metal handled?

17 Sep, 2009


Saw some today in my local garden centre called 'Bosmere long metal handled leaf grabers' £17.99.

19 Sep, 2009


Great Drc - not seen in our local garden centre so I googled and got this

£14.67 plus, I assume P&P...

19 Sep, 2009


Moon Grower
Thank you so much for the link - had a pair of these years ago bought at my local dobbies but eventually they fell apart - have been moaning every autumn about a sore back using these silly plastic green hands which are maybe ok if you have the odd tree in your garden!! just ordered and eagerly awaiting.

16 Oct, 2009

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?