Dividing salvia

By Usernut

scotland, United Kingdom Gb

I read that you can divide salvia, can I divide it now or should I wait.

ooh these are pretty I had the pink
but when they died down I just cut them to ground level and left where they are!
there wasnt much to divide to be honest, so sorry I dont know

x x x

If this salvia is one of the hardy ones, you can divide it either autumn or spring.

I,m sure it,s a X superba merleau blue which is hardy. I just found in one of my books I can divide in sept.
It also says something about seeds.. I,ll need to look closer at it tomorrow and see if I can see where i,ll find the seeds.

In the spent flowerheads is where they'll be, if there are any - might form seed a bit later because it's such a late flowering plant though, not sure.

it has actualy been flowering from early spring right through and this is it today. i cut some of the earlier flowers off but still has some left so may get some seeds there, or from the ones flowereing now..

I have this Salvia and i find it to be very can divide it now....:>)

cheers Motinot, I was very pleased with this, it has been flowering for ages so would like some more of them.