ID Please....

By Motinot

down, Ireland Ie

An elderly lady in my care gave me this little tree and pot this morning.....Please can anyone name it for me and give me some info on caring for it....soil type, eventual height etc?? ...Thank you...:>)

It could be Picea abies, aka Norway Spruce, but more than that I can't say without a bit more research. If it is, it's shallow rooted and can be blown over by strong winds. There are a number of cultivars, from dwarf ones to great trees over 200 ft. high!
On second look, it could be Picea abies nidiformis, aka Birds' Nest Spruce, but I'm quite prepared to stand corrected.

Thank you Bbb...that gives me something to go on..:>)

Or maybe a Pinus mugo.

Looks like somekind of two needle pine (Pinus).

Could it be a pinus densiflora such as the dwarf one - Pinus densiflora tanyosho nana?

I think Wagger is right, Pinus mugo....I saw one today in B&Q, exactly like the one i have....though i know there are many forms of pine....Thankyou all for your help....:>)