North Wales, United Kingdom Gb

Dear All I have some lovely hardy Fushia's that i would like to cut back .How far do i cut these back?

You don't, not now. Topgrowth should be left over winter to protect the roots, and you cut them down in early April (usually, but sometimes earlier) when you can see growth starting, at which point you can cut them right down to the ground.

Wait until they've finished flowering, then prune back nearly to the base of the plants.

Well now you've got a dilemma haven't you Walthamstow - two conflicting bits of advice! What you gonna do? Check it out on google - or look at our profiles before deciding....;-)))

just adding my thought, i leave mine till the new year when all chance of frost has gone then cut back hard and they always seem to be better than ever the next year.

I do mine when the new growth starts again, sometimes as early as march and other times as late as May. Then the new bits can be propagated too.

The RHs book on fuchsias also says wait until spring to prune

x x x