I have a tiny front 'lawn' In order to avoid mowing, I have a sedum lawn. Should I keep it clear of the falling leaves from a nearby tree ? Should I remove the dead stems form the summer flowers?

Yes and yes! What do you do about walking on it to do these jobs??

please tell me what is a sedum lawn

A Sedum lawn is when you put down lots of small gravel and cover it with Sedum plants - those little ones that you also use to for roof gardens. A neighbour has one done a side of his house with a path down the middle. It looks good as he just used one green Sedum, though in a garden lots of different Sedum in different shapes and colours would look fine.

thanks kilder i,m learning

My sedum lawn came like a rolled up carpet, weeds had all been killed off & they put down a sheet of that black stuff to stop more weeds coming. It took less than an hour to lay. I hace mixed sedums so have had yellow, white & red flowers. Margaret

• Our fragile fauna and flora
  • PEBBLE GARDEN in the evening.
  • My favourite sedum ...
  • Comma Butterfly on Sedum spectabile (Sedum spectabile)