When do I collect nasturtium seeds?

By Fluff

Dorset, United Kingdom Gb

Can I keep my nasturtium seeds for next year to plant up? If so when's the best time to harvest them? They are obviously still in flower now but there are lots of fat, green seed pods already.

I would wait until later, when the seed turns a brownish colour...collect them and keep them in an envelope or paper bag...then use them next spring...they are very easy.....

Alternatively if you want more nasturtiums i the same place next year just leave some of the seed to fall and do its own thing.

Thanks for that you 2...I'll do both.

I wouldn't worry too much Fluff - where nasturtiums have grown one year, they'll be returning for some years from self seeding!

That's good news less thing to do next year then!

I have them popping up all over. As usual some of the positions are better than if I had planted them there.

what do i do with my nasturtium seeds from this years plants

The replies to my question here pretty much answers that one for you Tiddlewinks...keep them dry & cool in an envelope or something.

If you have any more questions go to the 'ask a question' bit top right of the page & write it there. You'll find everyone really helpful & very expert on many subjects! :0)