Ideas for small patio area

By Bhoy

Scotland, United Kingdom Gb

Have put in containers, tubs, climbers, trellis but nothing takes away from the concrete ground which is too expensive to dig up - any ideas?

Any chance of a photo?

I put a wooden frame around the edge of my ugly concrete area then filled it with gravel and put some containers, furntiure and a feature log

Are all the containers round the edge? Hard to know without seeing a pic but might you be able to paint the offending concrete? Garden makeover ideas in gardening mags often suggest washed-out blues and greens for fences so it might soften the beige-ness of the surface. Maybe a raised bed for a feature in the middle, built with old bricks or something. Or if a raised bed would be hard to provide drainage for maybe you could use a wooden table as a central focus. Might be nice for eating outside or put a solar fountain on top and surround it with pots, grade the sizes and fill them with lots of greenery so they trail over the edges. Need a photo! Good luck!