Your assistance identifying flower that reminds me of foxgloves

Warwickshire, United Kingdom Gb

Please see the photo, I saw this a couple of weeks ago in a friends garden, he told us he thought it was a poppy of some sort, but I can't find any poppies anything like this, it reminds me more of foxgloves but, again I can't find any foxgloves like it either. There are two more pictures one further away showing it's coverage and one with more detail of the leaves in my pictures. Thanks in advance for your help guys

Im going to guess at Lupins ?
x x x

no its bears breeches. acanthus. possible A. mollis. they are structural and fantastic.

Yeah, its an acanthus

You are all absolute stars, thank you.

They were just so spectacular in this guys garden that another friend and I were really taken with them

Thanks again

Easy to grow from seed , but once established the roots go on for ever.

Ive been growing mine from seed for the last two years. I believe they take two/three years to flower. I'm still waiting.

I agree, one I moved a few years ago left some roots behind and its back with a vengeance. Great plant though.

Mollis is larger spine less leaves, spinosus is spiny with smaller leaves and a bit evil if your having to weed around it, both nice thou