By Cazoo1

Worcestershire, United Kingdom Gb

Good Morning I have been trying to find out the best time and how to prune my white flowering, fragrant Myrtle shrub. The only answers I can get seem to relate to something called "Crepe Myrtle" is that what this is??
Would it be OK to just give it a haircut or am I losing the flowers doing it now?? Appreciate your advice regards Cazoo

Patio_corner Quiet_spot

Check under Myrtus communis - but as this shrub is only frost hardy, any pruning should be carried out in spring/early summer, when all risk of frost is past.

What an attractive garden - very peaceful looking!

Thank You our garden is our sanctuary from the outside world. Would you like to see more??

Yes please - it looks lovely! Btw, we used to live in a garden looking across to the Malvern hills too (Evendine Close, in Worcester).

As you can see we are at that time of the year when most plants need to be cut back but while the sun shines I will leave them a bit longer. From the front of my house we look straight across to the Malverns and from the back across to the Cotswolds so we have lovely views all around we consider ourselves very lucky. The area is called Golden Valley quite appropriate!!

Lovely garden Cazoo.

Looking lovely with sunshine and shadows.

Yes I'd like to see more when you have time