Britain biggest Daffodil Festival cannot happen!
I read today that for the first time in 40m years there are no blooms out for The Thriplow (Hertfordshire) Daffodil Festival, the first time in the festival history that this has happened. In 1976 the villagers planted 3 tons of Daffodil bulbs, middle and late flowering. Thousands of people have visited the village festival since 1969 but this year no daffodils opened as yet. Our village is usually a lovely sight too but so far nothing.
- 17 Mar, 2010
- 0 likes
More blog posts by drc726
Previous post: Prinkle wood
Next post: This mornings walk lots of wild life around
Recent posts by drc726
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Goyers
19 Dec, 2016
- Enjoy your moon bathed garden tonight
14 Nov, 2016
- Great year for roses but where are the green and black fly?
22 Aug, 2016
- Not a great year roll on 2016
21 Dec, 2015
- Poorly Guy
31 Jul, 2015
- Free potatoes and veg seeds
20 Dec, 2014