I am spending these dull days to use plastic
‘T’ row labels, to indicate which phase of the Moon I sowed or planted each row, later on in the Spring. I draw the Moon with a ‘Sharpie’ permanent marker using a £1 coin, but leave it blank for the full Moon, then can fill in the left side for each stage of the waxing Moon on the 2 dates given prior to the full Moon.
Later on I can compare the rows to see if our friend in the sky at night really does influence growth, as I am 83 miles from the North Sea tides.
Very grateful for ’Moonglow’s’ Book. It contains all the waxing Moon dates and information I had never thought about before.
It also contains dates for planting Onion Sets and Shallots as better times for root growth and keeping qualities. I shall still buy ‘Turbo’ to check the theory.
I once grew ‘Mammoth’ – huge Onions which went rotten in November.
I find all this most interesting.
- 27 Dec, 2012
- 1 like
Previous post: Dear Father Christmas, please can I have our lovely
Next post: Keep your head down Hywel,
Recent posts by dianebulley
- I have decided to be more systematic with plant feeding
20 Apr, 2017
- Thousands of people are suffering from Scalp Fungus.
31 Mar, 2017
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008