Growing Plumeria Cuttings And Plumeria Plants With The Egg Method
Plumeria cuttings which are planted using the egg method correctly develop a massive root system in record time. It is no longer necessary to sacrifice any inflorescences that develop during the rooting process.
Inflorescences and roots develop simultaneously.
Plumeria plants which are planted applying the egg method correctly show lush growth and massive flower production. The keeping quality of the flowers increases as well which means the flowers stay fresh longer.
But what exactly is the egg method which has been used in agriculture for many years to increase the production of vegetables?
The egg method which is based on anaerobically fermenting eggs and probiotics not only benefits plumeria cuttings and plumeria plants but many other tropical plants as well, including bananas, gingers, heliconias, hibiscus and many more.
The egg itself is one powerhouse of nutrients.
The egg shell which has about 9000 pores serves as a permeable membrane for nutrients and moisture. 95% of the egg shell is made up of calcium carbonate. Minerals, such as calcium phosphate and magnesium carbonate make up the remaining 5%.
The albumen is made up of 90% water and seven major proteins as stated by the Department of Agriculture’s National Nutrient Database. The albumen in fresh eggs contains carbon dioxide which passes through the egg shell as the egg ages. 50 mg of Sulfur are contained in the albumen.
All vitamins found in an egg are contained in the egg yolk, including several B-vitamins as well as vitamin A, D, and E. The egg yolk also contains many antioxidants and trace amounts of Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and other metals. In addition, the egg yolk contains about 25 mg of Sulfur.
According to Biofeed Probiotics ‘plant stimulants, plant hormones, are produced during the metabolism of some bacteria, yeasts, molds, and cyanobacteria’, also known as blue-green algae and blue-green bacteria.
These plant stimulants, plant hormones, include auxins, gibberellins, cytokinins, florigen and salicylic acid.
Auxins are named for the greek word “auxein” meaning to grow or to increase. Auxins were the first of the major plant hormones to be discovered. How auxins are distributed within plants is one major factor for plant growth. The distribution of auxins throughout plants is accomplished by the well executed transport of auxin molecules. Auxins usually work with or against other plant hormones that is most advantageous for the plant.
Gibberellins were first discovered by Eiichi Kurosawa, a Japanese scientist, in 1926. Gibberellins stimulate budding, cell elongation, dormancy, flowering and seed germination.
Cytokinins promote cell division in plant roots and shoots. This process is called “cytokinesis”. The effects of cytokinins were first discovered by Swedish born plant physiologist Folke Skoog at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. Cytokinins are involved in many plant processes, including cell division, root and shoot development. Cytokinins are known to regulate axillary bud growth, lateral or side shoots. In addition, cytokinins also affect apical dominance which is the inhibition of growth of lateral buds, side shoots, by the terminal bud of a plant shoot.
Cytokinins are usually produced in roots, young fruits and seeds. The balance of cytokinins and auxins determines what regenerates.
Florigen was first described in 1937 by Mikhail Chailakhyan, a Russian scientist. Florigen molecules, produced in the leaves, are responsible for controlling flowering in plants.
Salicylic acid, which is used for rooting, derives its name from the Latin word “salix” meaning “willow tree”. Salicylic acid plays part in plants’ photosynthesis, transpiration and resistance to pathogens which are bacteria, viruses, or other microorganisms that can cause diseases.
All these processes are important to understand how plumeria and tropical plants develop.
An exact scientific defined process of the egg method, when correctly applied, is not clearly written in a scientific formula anywhere. But the phenomenal results speak for themselves.
Copyright © Bob Walsh
- 8 Jul, 2011
- 1 like
Previous post: Plumeria 'Samoan Fluff'
Recent posts by bobwalshplumerias
- Plumeria Frangipani Plants and Their History
2 Aug, 2013
- Video of Plumeria Flowers in Chicago - Plant Hardiness Zone 5
20 Mar, 2013
- Mystery Plumeria
13 Feb, 2013
- Plumeria 'Kauka Wilder'
16 Jan, 2013
- Plumeria obtusa 'Singapore' and Plumeria obtusa 'Dwarf Singapore Pink'
21 Jul, 2012
- Purchasing Plumeria Cuttings Plants And Seedlings On eBay
4 Jul, 2012
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
9 Aug, 2009