Tomtoes have outgrown the house - Day of the Trifids???
Well, I couldn’t store the tomatoes any more in the house, I had to repot them last week as they were fast outgoring the pots I transferrred them into as seedlings. They are now fully fledged plants! So I took them out to the shed and placed them on a large tray which is filled with sand and under the sand are heated wires. I have had this contraption for a couple of years now and it has helped to germinate the more tender/tropical plants that I grow. There is also a heater in there to keep the surrounding temperatures warmer and after last nights frost the toms are fine!!!
I now have to work out how to keep them happy until I can plant them outside in May!!
- 31 Mar, 2008
- 0 likes
Previous post: Fighting birds
Next post: My Statues and Guardians of my garden
Recent posts by AndreaRichter
- Alpine garden
27 Sep, 2011
- New Business - Life time Interest is now my work
5 Jul, 2011
- VENTNOR BOTANICAL GARDENS - CRY FOR HELP!!!
8 Nov, 2010
- New border on the other side.............................
14 Nov, 2009
- It's been a while - new border in back garden
30 Sep, 2009
- Back Garden, a digger and Swiss Tony....................................
22 Apr, 2009