are potted plants ok sitting on patio or better raised up to sit slightly higherhave

By Mobee

Armagh Ireland, Ireland Ie

have lots of potted plants on patio but was told they were better raised to aid drainage wud this be right they seem to be doing ok

depends on what plants they are, if its bedding it doesn't really matter that much as they are short lived, but if they are shrubs etc standing them on feet does aid drainage and also helps to stop the pots cracking in winter as they dont sit in water that freezes.

the design of the bottom of the pots is what you need to look at, if the drainage holes are countersunk in the base of the pots this will allow water to run out , if they are not then you should raise the pot up an inch or so , this will allow the water to drain. ( hope that makes sense) , if not its probably photo's that would show what I meant.

thanks all will be re~checking some pots old terracota ones which i love have also plants in hubbys old work bootsand old whistle kettles they are doing good my grown-up kids thinks iv lost the plot lol

hey Mobee

I wouldnt know what to do if I lost my plot. tee hee :-)

lol i know wud be awful maccrimmon i think they wud {my family} all desert me there wud be no living wit me if i hadnt my plants giggle

• Houseleeks a mosaic...Lol.
  • Little garden in May
  • My path in August ...
  • Front garden display 2008