Please can someone confirm, is this a Thymophyalla Tenuiloba

By Telme8

Vale of Glamorgan, Wales Wal

I have found it in my books, but am afraid the leaves of mine are not quite as fine. These daisy type plants are so difficult to sort out as there are so many of them. I take cuttings from mine every year put in the green house for the winter, but leave Mother in the ground outside, but the main plant gave in to the frost this winter. It does say that Thymophylla is frost hardy, this also put me in doubt.

sorry dont know. as you say daisy types are so hard to id.
of course as new varieties develop leaf form may change subtly as they breed for flowers.

Not in my books at all - googled it and saw a picture, the leaves on yours look right, but the flowers seem to have fewer petals- I just punched in Thymophyalla and it took me to Wikipedia and another place called Florida something or other, which is where I looked at it.

you know the more i looke at the foliage the more it looks like one of the agreythemums [spelling not certain.]
the leaves are more ferny in the picture on the RHS website.

Funny you should say that, I've just seen a yellow agrey thingy (I can't spell it either) for sale and it did look like your picture.

Argyranthemum Jamacan Primrose,
Wow! thanks Volunteer, I knew some one would come up with the answer some time, and thanks for your confirmation of the Californian Poppy. This is a wonderful web site.

The members are also wonderful!!

« No others