I have just got several packets of perennials seed from the UK through the post, and the directions say "sow at once". These are mostly Artemisias, a Stachys lanata, and some Geranium pratense. Given that we have daytime temperatures here at the moment barely ever lower than 35°c and more like 40°c quite a lot of the time, and night time ones of not less than 28°c, and these are likely to continue this way for at LEAST another month, does anyone have any advice as to whether I should wait and sow a bit later - say September/October, or even wait until spring? I don't really have room in the fridge for so many pots!
- 3 Aug, 2012