Could anyone tell me what the name of this plant is...... and where is originated from.......

By Aidie

hampshire, United Kingdom Gb

Three members of my family had cuttings of this plant and mine is the only one that flowers.............

Don't know what it is, but it looks lovely. Hope someone out there knows because I'll be watching the replies for an answer to this one.

I think it's something called Graptopetalum paraguayense, commonly known as the Ghost Plant, but I've never seen it in flower. It is a relative of Echeveria. And as it's surname is paraguayense, I assume it was originally from Paraguay!

I was about to say it looks like an Echeveria....Bamboo is right and it is also known as "mother-of-pearl-plant"....very nice

Wikipedia says Graptopetalum paraguayense is native to Mexico:
It looks so much taller than the photos of Graptopetalum paraguayense and other Echevaria on the Web, but I don't know much about these species.

8 Jun, 2009 is related to Echivera, I had some in my garden when we lived in Spain. It's such a pretty colour..mother-of-pearl is exactly it....:o) To propagate just take a leaf and stick it in sandy , pebbley soil and it will root and produce a new baby plant.