fox gloves at work

Hereford, United Kingdom Gb

hi everyone,i was at work today looking around and i found this amazing bright purple foxglove and was wondering if its at all possible for me to take cuttings from it or something so i could get myself one, i only have a week left on this particular job,hence the asking,thanks in advance

I am not aware of being able to propagate foxgloves from cuttings, either seeds or splitting the root stock is the usual way.

hmmmm,wondering if i can manage to do this,but if i did would it be theft? they seem in the wild

Wait till your last day at this job, go to the plant and pluck off some of the seed cases lower down - if they're already brown and crispy, have an envelope to hand underneath as you remove them to catch any seed that drops. Each case holds loads of seeds, so one or two will be enough. If they're still green, wait till they dry out a bit and hopefully you'll get some plants from them.

Mc Fly!!You're fired!!!

Don't forget they won't flower til next year!

Your local garden centre will have lots and they come in many different colours too , not just purple. They shouldn't be too expensive

Bees adore this plant! Try and get a foxglove in white, that will attract the night insects, which in turn attract the bats! Lovely creatures!

yeah i learnt about the not flowering for a year when i planted them last year and waited expectantly lol, ill try what you suggest bamboo,thank and if that fails it looks like ill have to go with what inverglen suggests,cheers all

ive got four white and four red at the moment,did notice the bees earlier,as for the bats id rather they stayed away,if they started nesting somewhere in my flat,shed or garden id more than likely be forced to move lol

• Pink Foxgloves (Digitalis grandiflora)
  • Foxglove close up (Digitalis purpurea (Common foxglove))
  • Digitalis 'Ice Queen' (Digitalis 'Ice Queen')
  • Rehmannia - Chinese foxglove - aug 2007