unknown bedding plant

By Usernut

scotland, United Kingdom Gb

got these today, any recognise what it is, the bud things has three protrusions?

Although I have already been proved wrong with one of my answers on GoY I would venture that this is a Busy Lizzy

That would be my prognosis as well - Busy Lizzie (impatiens)

yep agree its a busy lizzie. they like a little bit of shade and dampish if you can manage it.

Thanks, Blush... told you I was a

Hi Uernut - sorry to sound rude but why didn't you check hat you were buying?

oh mg have you never bought a plant without a label just because you liked it? I know i have and then relied on freinds to help id it. GoYers are the best :o) and not all shops label and people do swop or remove labels when looking at plants.

Pretty unanimous then, eh? Impatiens. :o)

Now...which one? lol, lol, lol.

I just saw some plants for sale in a shop, no labels or anything, 99p for 6.
recognised marigolds and bought a sixpack. I bought the busy lizzies because my dad grew them but I couldn,t remember what they were.

Im always out for a bargain and if a plant hasnt got a label il ask for a discount, if it looks pretty Il buy it
and then try to do the research after

x x x

I got a bargain over the weekend in a local nursery, in the reduced section there was a pot with two good sized plants in it, no label. The alien plant was clearly verbena bonariensis, the other looked like a rudbeckia. Not bad for £2.50!

MG, it can be fun to have mystery plants, my garden is full of plants I was given and I have no idea what they're going to be like until they flower.