By Sanbaz

staining blackpool, United Kingdom Gb

my friend let me take a cutting off her lavatera shrub can anyone tell me the best way to root it,, the easiest way please,

one of the easiest ways of rooting it would be to place it in a jar of rooting gel and wait until its rooted.

thanx for that steve, will get some 2moz, just in water at the moment to keep fresh

Only just read this I do cuttings of these & mallows (are they the same?) and hibiscus just a multi compost with extra sand / grit cut below a leaf bud trim green shoots of about half & inset into compost - pop a plastic bag on after watering & leave in a shady corner, should root in a couple of weeks....with a little luck of course

thanx davey its been a few weeks since i did them and seem to have taken ok, one is doing better than the other two and has grown a bit in height now, so im pleased,not sure, ive heard of mallow but thought it was differant plant,cheers for addvice and would use that method next time