best yellow leaved shrub

West Midlands, United Kingdom Gb

Which do you consider to be the brightest yellow leaved shrub, preferably evergreen and not too big? I can only think of choisya. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

I would suggest Choisya Ternata Sundance, the golden one.

Yep, that's got my vote too, but it is much more yellow if it's in sun - unless you want something that doesn't get 5 x 5 feet eventually, when I'd suggest Spiraea "Goldflame", though this is deciduous.

what about euonymus [?] 'emerald and gold'? sorry about the spelling but cant find my plant book.

Thanks all, does anyone know if I can prune the choysia if it gets too big as my last one did? I love emerald and gold too.

Yes, prune it carefully with secateurs not shears and don't be afraid to thin out to allow more room for bigger leaf growth. This must be done well after flowering.

Thanks, I'll go for both now that I know I can prune the choysia. Seaburngirl, I think you spelt it right, but I can't lay my hands on mine at the moment. Cheers