By Dwarf

west yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

please could ya tell me why my hostas have got big holes in them . it happened last year and i was told to get some killer but that didnt work spraid them agai and that doesnt seem to have worked. THANK YOU x

On plant dwarf

Sounds like a slug and snail problem. They don't like slug pellets,
I have just put some down for mine, had a good catch.

If you don't want to use slug pellets, try coffee granules ( not decaff!). Knocks them cold.

mine do the same. off to spread coffee granules as i had never heard of that.

SLUGS SLUGS SLUGS! There is available now an organic slug pellet that is harmless to all wildlife. It is wheat based though and as a result mice love them. They dont seem to go soggy when it rains and so they last much longer, so although they are more expensive they are more cost effective.

I like the idea of coffee grounds! Being in Spain we drink more coffee here than tea and I generally mix my coffee grounds into the wood ash from the fire before chucking liberally over the earth in the colder months. Now I shall be out there around my hostas with the saved coffee grounds in an attempt to keep the little b*****s off! I have been unable to use pellets as we have lots of little wall lizards and the last think I want my garden to be is a lizard cemetary!