Hampshire, United Kingdom Gb

Am having trouble uploading photos from my - the message says they are too large. They are only normal photos stored in 'pictures' on laptop, do I have to do something to them first?

Make copies of them and set the resolution to 72 dpi which is plenty for screen viewing

If your camera didn't come with any editing programmes,
you can download the following which is free and even though 99% of it I don't understand, there is a facility to scale down the size of your photos which I do. So a 4 MB photo ends up at about 700 KB and looks very much the same.

This programme is as near as you will get to Photoshop which cost many hundreds of pounds.

The reason there are so many close ups on GOY is they use up less MB. A more general view may have too many. Check out your camera for a trim in the menu. Trim down if poss on camera following screen prompts. Otherwise a free Picassa download has easy to use trim facility. There is a check on MB when you hover the thumbnail picture....if too much trim, down by chosen method before uploading your picture.

Thank you Moon grow, Scrumpygrat and Dorjac, - will give it a go.

What is GoYpedia »