The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

Lanarkshire, United Kingdom Gb

I recently bought a Pieris Forest Flame and despite a late spring check with some new leave rot, it has recovered well. It is in original 5L pot but I'd like to move to a slightly larger wooden tub. Is it o.k. to move now (Late June) or wait to autumn?--Thanks for any advice--Ian



If it were mine, I would wait. It's had one knock-back already with the late frost, so I would give it a bit more recovery time. See what others think?

27 Jun, 2012


I agree. Wait till Autumn

27 Jun, 2012


But then the conditions above the soil shouldn't effect the root ball in the original pot. Usually, in my experience, anything that has established itself in a pot should be ok to pot on.

27 Jun, 2012


Sorry. Misread the question and was thinking of transplanting it to the garden. Potting on. yes.

27 Jun, 2012

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?