Bleeding Heart

By Kpm63

michigan , United States Us

I'm not much of a gardener, but I do have a large garden. I purchased two bleeding heart plants about 4 years ago and one of them has yellow leafs. Not from because it is dying off or because it is under feed. Its been the same every year and even my friend that know a lot about plants has never heard or seen one like this. Has any one else? It has meduim dark pink flowers. I've look all over on line and have not found a picture that matches this plant. Sorry I don't have a picture but will have one in about 1 to 2 weeks now that the plant is almost fully in bloom.

I assume you are talking about Dicentra spectabilis. If so, then somebody posted a picture of a very pretty variety that has golden foliage recently. If you but Dicentra into the search bar, then it might pop up.....

Just had a look and the member was F1crazy and the variety is 'Gold Heart'.

• Dicentra chain reaction .
  • Hummingbird at Bleeding Heart (Dicentra spectabilis (Bleeding heart))
  • 'gold heart' dicentra spectabilis blooming on the 27th of March '07 ('gold heart' dicentra spectabilis)
  • Bleeding Heart Pic 4 Dawn:)