Square foot gardening newbie

By Great

London, United Kingdom Gb

Calling all members who use the square foot gardening method H E L P.
I am just about to start on my adventure. What wood do I use to make a 4 x 4 foot bed. Im getting frustrated with all the different type,s pressure treated etc etc. Whats the best way to make the grid? Please also tell me what varieties of veg I should try.
Thank you

Hi, I know absolutely nothing about this but if you put 'square foot gardening' in the search engine on here you will find blogs and pics about it

Thanks I will

Have you searched for old blogs Great....I seem to remember someone doing a blog. I don't do veggies and would have zoomed past it but Im sure there is one

I've just tried it out Great...if you put in squarefoot garden blogs in the search box above - there are quite a few that comes up.

I do know that I would tend to avoid pressure treated wood, since that is usually arsenic compounds. Creosote is also dicky, since it can break down into carcinogens. I would use a naturally rot resistant wood, such as cedar or oak, if possible.

Scottish and Tubrethil. Thank you
Does anyone know what tantalised wood is _is it safe for veg??

My info is that, in the UK, it has been treated with copper azole and other chemicals normally used on food crops. You might want to ask the lumber yard for more info.