Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Gb

Is it too late to plant cucumbers in the greenhouse and if it is still OK where can I buy the plants?

You might still be able to get them at a garden centre - and you will probably be all right to grow them in the greenhouse still.

I normally buy them from a local nursery but haven't this year as its been too much fluctuating temps which in past years has made them keel over, by all means have a go

Mine are going great guns - and have picked 3 cues already. This year I have made sure I used disease resistant cues and they seem to be flourishing - fingers crossed. Mind you I have kept the door closed most of the time and not painted the glass as there isn't much sun.

Thank you everyone. This is most helpful and inspired me to have a go. I have bought 2 cucumber plants from the local nursery today and I have potted them on into the greenhouse.

Pleased for you cammomile it was only 8c here this morning, I,ve friends in East Sussex andthey put extra woolies in when they visit.....

Yes my breath was visible in the air yesterday morning - brought back memories of last winter.

Good luck with your cucumbers x