Surrey, United Kingdom Gb

I'm now to this......
A dwarf box hedge - I'd like to plant it now, what size plants should I get, how far apart should I plant them and any suggestions for a cost effective supplier?

Not a good time of year to plant hedging - best done in autumn, when you may find suppliers of bare root plants online - buying bare root is usually the cheapest option, but plants are not sent out until well on into autumn. If you must plant now, you will have to buy container grown plants - again, looking online for hedge suppliers might be the cheapest option.

Thanks - I think that I'll take your advice and wait.

In the meantime, when the weather is fair, the ground isn't dry, and you have the time, prepare the area you want to plant by digging it over properly, incorporating soil conditioning compost or composted animal manure, and removing any weeds, sometime between now and September/October. There's nothing worse than having to do that in the middle of November because the plants are arriving...