By Windy64

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom Gb

Wild Geum or wood aven ? true or false.....i saw a question earlier by Bernard about what i think is the same plant but mine has a seed head which i think looks beautiful but thats just me......BIG THANKS in advance. ;)

I think that's the native plant.

Herb Bennet, Wood Avens, Geum urbanum are all the same plant just different names.

Advice remains the same though. It seeds itself everywhere and chokes out cultivated plants.

Thankyou everyone.... in the bin they go,i say 'they' because ive found 2 more today & ive never seen them before in the garden luckily their nowhere near my border .... thanks again ;)

Does it have yellow flowers? If so it's like the one I have in my garden and it's resisted all efforts to get it out!!! Nice to have a name for it.

Don't forget that all Geums have similar seed heads, so if you like the effect you can always plant one of the other less invasive species or one of the many cultivars. We have about 20 different ones around the garden.