Hampshire, United Kingdom Gb

Deadheading rhodos... Hi, I've just deadheaded my rhodo, but do I remove these long things? Thanks!

No, do not remove them, they are this years new growth, there,s no need to dead-head really, it just makes the shrub look a bit tidier, Derek

No you don't that is the new leaf growth and needs to remain exactly where it is. With around 50 rhododendrons we don't even remove the dead flowers.

I did think it was new growth but thought I'd check. Thank you both, I might not bother deadheading next time, just thought I would as it looked untidy.

It does look untidy for a while but the dead flowers fall off and rot into the soil.

Dead-heading is fine for those ..smaller varieties. But how would anyone go about deflowering some of the Giant ones? :)

Step ladder? We have friends in Aberdeen who used to do so at one time - not anymore.