hi,my vctoria plum started to blossom but experienced easterly winds which killed the blossom.the tree is bare no leaves or blossom the branches have sap can any one help me please.

Asked from the GoYpedia plums page

The tree may produce more leaves but you wont get any more flowers this year. We are sitting with a bald acer thanks to the gales and are not sure it will survive.

When you say 'the branches have sap' , what does that mean?

hi,Thank you for advice,i keep the plum tree in a large tub on the patio.Have scraped the bark on a branch and it is green, will have to wait and see what happen's.

Bamboo is asking whether your tree is oozing sap because he suspects that you might have bacterial canker. I would also suggest that if your tree is infact alive, then plant it out in the garden in the dormant period as it won't experience dramatic changes in wet and dry that it has in a container.

Um Jimmy, Bamboo is female :-)

Yes, that's right, Jimmytheone - I am female, well probably not as female as I used to be when younger, but female nonetheless... And your assumption about why I asked my question above is absolutely correct....