Banffshire, United Kingdom Gb

can anyone tell me what a 'wonderberry' is and is it hardy or a greenhouse plant I've just received 1 as a gift .........

Two plants have the common name of Wonderberry Solanum burbankii (the huckleberry which is not frost hardy) and Solanum retroflexum berries are edible but not particularly flavoursome, at least that is what I've read. Looks very similar to deadly nightshade and you need to be sure it isn't that before eating the fruits.

thank you very much Moon growe, will have to consider very carefully whether to grow it or not as have young grandchildren who visit regularly and a dog who loves to taste everything .............

Both the actual the solanum's I gave you names for are edible but, apparently, deadly nightshade is sometimes mislabelled as the Wonderberry. Having Googled it for images it doesn't look particularly exciting!