Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom Gb

passion flower constance elliott. Just ordered one from Crocus and this will be my last attempt. I have bought 4 previously but every year the winter in North East England has killed them. I don't have a greenhouse so can anyone tell me how to keep it alive over winter.

I think this one 'disappears' over winter and re-appears in the spring. I live in Sunderland and mine does OK although it only ever gets two flowers on it!!

Thanks Sheilar, my previous 4 'disappeared altogether' never to return. At least you have given me some hope that they can survive. Try a high potassium fertiliser on yours this year to encourage more flowers. (tomato or rose food should do the trick)

Apparently they like very poor soil, so I've been told. Dry and stoney, so may be worth trying that, in fact, ignore it completely eh?? lol