By Judeg

Please can someone help me out here. I have bought some plants from a supermarket that look healthy but there are tiny yellow beads in the soil that are easily squashed between fingers. I have been told that these are weevil eggs and to bin the plants or remove all the soil. I thought that the beads were some sort of plant food. Any thought about these & what should I do. Thanks

Far more likely to be a slow release plant food these always look like little tiny beads and squash easily.

Agree with Moon growe - Yellow balls are slow release feed for plants. Slug eggs are smaller and clear, weevil egg stage are very very small and again clear.

Many Thanks Moon Growe & Kildermorie. That's put my mind at rest. Think my neighbour might have been telling me fibs 'cos my garden's putting hers to shame. LOL :)

A lot of folk thing the slow release feed balls are slug and weevil eggs.