I have a North facing wall that gets only an hour or so of sunlight just before dusk, i have been told that Hydrangea`s are ideal ( Climbing ), is there a specific variety i need to buy or are they all suited, any advice on the subject would be appreciated.

My neighbour has a Hydrangea Petiolaris over her side of the fence and it climbs over the back of her house and mine on our north facing walls.. Large white flowers in summer . Its self clinging and very attractive in late spring summer and autumn. Its deciduous. I think it took a while to get going but is now as tall as the house and 4 or 5 metres wide. Now needs cutting back and controlling once a year.

Pileostegia viburnoides is closely related and likes the same conditions. It also starts flowering at a much younger age. Give it a good feed and mulch each spring, otherwise it doesn't cling to the wall. It's listed under my garden plants along with a picture

yes i have just got one for my wall and it says on tag can grow well in shade,

schizophragma moonlight (not too sure about the spelling) is ideal for a north facing wall, lovely foliage and hydrangea type flowers