By Funguy

Berkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Garden machinery question.
If you have a 2-stroke engine tool that says it takes a 25/1 mix on it, but you have a bottle of Stihl Oil that says 50/1 on it. Do you mix at 25/1 or 50/1?

You do as it says on the tool, Funguy. If it says 25:1 then that is what the manufacture intends you to use.

Bulbaholic is right Funguy,25/1..even if, (like me) you wished the machine WAS a Stihl lol. Am advised that one cant damage power machinery by adding too much..just choke half to death on the blue smoke for ones extravagance! Been there. Done it..stupid,scary chainsaw wielding woman.

Thanks both for your advise...Hey Pajo - haha, glad that i'm not the only one :)

As it says 50/1 on the Stihl bottle, i wondered if it is a stronger/thicker or more concentrate oil, so you therefore need to use less. I thought it unlikely, and now you have confirmed it, thanks again. Hope you both have a good and fulfilling week.

You too Funguy