London, United Kingdom Gb

Being new to this I have been playing with planting from seeds and using propagators etc. I can not seem to stop bugs eating everything even with bug killer and seem to have lots of black droppings in the soil of all the plants. Any advice?

Mice?? That would account for the black droppings, but not sure if they would eat seedlings? Someone else will know.
Welcome to GoY!

Must be mice, can't think of anything else - you wouldn't notice droppings from insect pests.

It's not like mice droppings it's lots of very small, black piles of dirt but they look like little droppings al in the soil in heaps. I also cannot stop little tiny flies eating the leaves- could that be related? Thanks for the help though!

Fungus gnats in the compost? Ants?

Should I use some kind of anti fungus/ pest repellent? Nothing i've used seems to help much.

Caterpillars can leave piles of droppings.

Fungus gnats and the like used to be treated with a drop of malathion in small amount of water applied to the compost, but that product has been withdrawn. Not sure what remedy you could use now.

Thanks all, that helps :)