By Dwarf

west yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

i have no where i can put a greenhouse i have to have my little plantlets all over the house on the wondow sills i thought of getting 1 of those plastic greenhouses, what does any 1 think about them are they any good

On plant dwarf

lots of people have them and they need weighing down strongly as they apparently blow over in the slightest breeze. but once firmly anchored they do the job well.

there just isnt ever enough windowsill space for all my houseplants let alone seedlings too.

Hi Dwarf,
I have a huge garden but like you nowhere really suitable for a greenhouse so I bought one of the plastic ones. It blew over last week, fortunately with nothing special in it, but I think it does need tying to something.

Not as good as a 'proper' glass greenhouse but better than nothing. They could be fixed to the wall of the house but will not protect plants from low temperatures. Don't know how you would get any winter heating in one.

my mum has some of the small ones and after securing them covers the frame with bubble wrap.they are really warm inside.hope this helps.

I have found them good for growing tomatoes with the front open especially in wet summers like last year. I also have had the plastic blowing away. I tried them with seeds but if its sunny they get very hot inside and if you're not careful the seedlings shrivel up.

well i say use what you have or make do with what you got i like the greenhouse from glass, but i got one of them frame with plastic covering its got 4 shelfs in it ,ive got this in my grenhouse like a big propagator ,its doing well seeds are comeing through ,to me gardening is simple dont spend to much keep things sweet ha ha ha

• Greenhouse
  • DSCN4148.jpg
  • hanging baskets in allotment
  • Rhododendron