West Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

Houseplant or outdoor please? Given to my daughter's friend ... he is not a gardener at all!

Ty0sll

Answers

Hard to say, could be a Canna - the light's the wrong side of the plant so its hard to see the leaves clearly.

Oh dear, Bamboo, how about zooming in on the pic? Might make it clearer! I have no idea what it is .....

Shirley we can't 'zoom in' on pix what you put up is what we see!

I press the Ctrl button with either + or - button to 'zoom in' !

We can zoom in also, by clicking the arrow on the right hand side at the bootom of our internet screen where it says 100% and choose a higher percentage.

No, you can zoom in, MG - Ctrl ++ works and Ctrl zero to restore - or use Zoom under View top left.
But its not really helping Shirley, can't see the colours clearly - could still be Canna of some variety. Whatever it is, it won't be an outdoors plant, well, at least not now, might be something you can put out June through to end of August.

Thanks, Bamboo, I guess it will live on his desk, will be neglected and die, if he's anything like my daughter is with plants ... :o )

Can't remember name, but it is a shade loving indoor plant. Keep the roots moist.

Thanks, Kildermorie ... not a Canna then?

Perhaps macs are different I can't zoom in on pix on GoY - mind you in this case it would not help!

I think it's cordyline fruticosa. And definitelly a houseplant. Let the compost dry out between watering, doesn't like sunlight, prefers bright light to slightly shady places. Generally pest and diseases free.

Kasy ... I agree with you ... having looked at images of it ... many thanks! ... :o)))

you're welcome:) was working as a indoor plant maintenance technician - that's why I am familiar with that one, lol.

there's a magnifying glass in the bottom R hand corner and as I slide over it says change zoom level-- but being a computer coward I daren't try!!

As regards the zoom I just tried then panicked because it wouldn`t go back at first, lol...

It is Cordyline fruticosa, either Cf Red Edge or Cf Caruba Black. It is a Houseplant. Everyone can zoom

press and hold Ctrl then tap + as many times as you need. (but count)

To Restore Press and hold Ctrl then tap_ as many times as.

A quicker way to restore is to just press Ctrl zero...

That just zooms the whole page. On the SRGC forum you see a small version of the image when you click on it the image opens up full size which is great for plant images.