Canada Ca

Thuja plicata 4ever Goldy, says on the label compact shrub, but yet says grows to a height of 60-100ft. Another site states 20' in 10 years. Could you please clarify, shrub or tree?

I've done some research and there do seem to be conflicting views on its mature height, ranging from 100cm to 100m in 10 years.

May I suggest that you contact the British Conifer Society, as we have a member of this site - 'Bluespruce' - who is very knowledgeable about conifers and will be able to give you a better answer.

You could leave him a private message on GoY too by typing 'Bluespruce' into the search box and finding his home page.

Thank you Spritzhenry, I will contact Bluespruce.

Still waiting! :o)

Oh dear - well, I tried! :-/

You certainly did Barbara! ;o)

What is the answer, just out of interest??

It's a fairly new variety Barbara, so a little on the guessing side ... can't really imagine it attaining 100 feet! i would estimate that a mature height of 20 feet in 10-15 years or so, ultimate height around 30 -40 ft, much like the larger golden Lawsons. can always be given an annual light trim to keep in in check of course.

Thanks. Internet sites can exaggerate a bit, can't they! Maybe they're guessing, too. ;-)

Thank you Spritzhenry! »