Australia Au

Can anyone tell me what pest this is and how to eradicate it from my vegie garden. thankyou :)

It appears to be a millipede. They feed on decaying vegetation and are harmless. No need to eradicate.

It could be a millepede type insect (shorter body than the UK version)and, as Graterford says, it does good in the garden so don't eradicate it.

If it is a millipede--most likely scenario--each body segment will be supported by two pairs of little "bug legs". Caterpillars have six bug legs up front, and varying numbers of stumpy, soft legs along the back 1/2-2/3.

Yes, two pairs of legs on each segment,hence the class name of Diplopoda. To really nail the I.D.down, the first segment will have no legs; the next few only one pair, and the segments thereafter, your off and running with two pair- pun intended. Speaking of running, the legs move in a wave like fashion which is the last simple identifier.

Thankyou for your responses. I will check the critters leg conformation and report back. :)

• Nigella ' Persian Jewels ' from Flowercrazy
  • Love is blossoming all over my yard it seems !
  • Damsol flies (for Sticki and Surreylad!)
  • Double Take!!