By Gattina

Bologna, Italy It

Nothing to do with gardens . What does LOL mean? It crops up again and again - "Lots of love"? "Lump of lard (me)"? "Look on line"? I'm probably missing the obvious, so you'll have to forgive me.

It,s" laughing out loud!!" I didn't know at first and suddenly it dawned on me!!!LOL!!!!

Aaaahhhhh! (sound of light dawning!) Thanks, Meadowland.

You will also find other abreviations such as lmao 'laughed my a*se off' etc. There were loads that I dont get so join this club too.

much prefer lol, lots of love which was always put on my love letters from hubby when we were courting.

I have recently seen text message dictionaries in a few book stores. Browsing through one was very informative. These dictionaries have the potential of becoming the Tech-Rosetta Stone in which the 20th century generation will be able to decipher what the 21st century generation is writing and talking about.

That made me LOL as I had to ask this when I first joined.