Blind Wallflowers

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Gb

I transferred my wall flowers from 3" pots to my sunny front gardenlast Autumn and they have not flowered yet. Is this because I might have over fed them???

Could be - they respond better to rough treatment, which is why you can buy them in bare root, wilted bundles at this time of year rather than carefully nurtured and standing upright in pots.

I would just leave them over the winter and they might surprise you next spring. I would not feed them any more. I'm no expert but have good results with wallflowers left to get on with it!

Thank you Bamboo for your suggestion, I might duff them up a bit.

Thank you Pennyfarthing, I was awaiting an answer and checked them over this morning and I found a mound of lawn clipping, paper etc. On closer inspection massive plump hedgehog appeared. I just put some of the lawn clipping back on hedgehog and in resettled. Now I have the answer to a absence of slugs.
Biggest bind this year are the earwigs.

LOL! I'm just visualising you out there having a bout of fisticuffs with your wallflowers... Lucky you with the hedgehog, not seen one of those for some years now.

They would win hands down