West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Gladiolus callianthus (Peacock orchids) I have been given some corms when do I pant them and will they be OK in the UK outside

they are also called acidanthera. They are not flly hardy here in yorkshire. I have some that have survived a few winters [not last year]. bury the corms about 6" deep in full sun. I'd keep the corms in dry compost in a frost free place until next spring then plant out.

I agree. Mine are only newly in flower, but I will lift them when they die back and keep them dry until spring, then plant them again. They certainly don't survive the winters here in the Highlands.

They're not hardy here in the 'mild' SW either. I grow mine in pots, and plant them in the spring.

I have planted quite a lot of these bulbs in various parts of my garden & in pots and they have only flowered in the part of the garden where the soil is rather poor. The rest have only produced healthy foliage. Has anyone else experienced this?