Delphinium Black Night This is a photo of the above taken today

By Nickt

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

Delphinium Black Night

This is a photo of the above taken today, that has spent most of the year in the polytunnel of the nursery where I work. I think next year I will start all mine off early and then repot them into 10litre pots with slow release fertiliser added. It started off as any 1st year Delph tends to, a bit leggy and thin, but after it was cut back, fed and repotted, it repaid my kindness with this huge flower.

My question is will the seeds come true to type if grown on next year?

Thank you.

(I do have normal hands just not when trying to take a photo from a distance further away than my hand is from me?!)

On plant Delphinium

it may not come true from seed. Having said that i have pacific giants and 2 of them seem to be 'stable' for height and colour. however one of them gives varying heights and colours. It wont take long to find out as they usually flower in the second year anyway.

It's gorgeous! Wish I could grow them here but, despite my attempts, they just don't want to germinate from seed.

• Delphinium - Camellard (Delphinium)
  • Delphinium elatum (Delphinium elatum (Delphinium))
  • Spring has sprung (Delphinium elatum (Delphinium))
  • Delphinium staphisagria (Delphinium staphisagria)