i have a plant with a long stalk, red waxy heart shaped leaves with a yellow head/tounge, what is it called & how do i care for it?

By Iyene

I have an indoor plant which is popular in offices which was given as a present. It has a long stem with waxy red heart shaped leaves with a yellow head/tongue. The leaves have started to go brown. What am I doing wrong & what is the neame of the plant please?

hi there check this out?

The Plant: Anthuriums - Flamingo Flowers, because of the flower colour - have few dark-green heart-shaped leaves, and a similarly heart-shaped pink/red flower bract, with paler, (even cream), appendage! (Spadix). Anthuriums grow predominantly in wet forest conditions - well shaded.

Its needs: Shade or gloom. Well-draining but rich potting compost. Enjoys warmth and humidity - Just like home.
Care: Water sparingly, and feed only twice per year. Mist-spray to maintain humidity. Avoid cold. Cut back straggly leaf-stems. Watch for red spider, mealy bug, scale pest.

Good for: Brightening a dark corner. Larger species popular for flower-arranging.

Yes, this sounds as if you are describing Anthurium.
My favourite name for this plant is 'Little Boys Willies' for obvious reasons. LOL.

you naughty boy, but I do agree