dear sir /madam in my garden is a two pear trees one with a root stock of very long thorns with leaves growing from the thorn, the thorns and leaves remind me of hawthorne or slow is this right and could i graft a peach or plum to this root stock.

Rootstock for pears is usually one of the quinces, which are thorny. Peaches can only be grafted on peach rootstock, they won't take on anything else, and I've no idea whether a plum would take or not - these are usually grafted onto Prunus rootstock of some description, not quince.

Thank you for the info i have uploaded the thorny rootstock to my pear tree and i am still not sure. i dont know what a quince looks like this looks like a slow take a look gardeners.

Sorry Peterpiper, but no chance of a pear growing on a sloe rootstock. The picture looks like a wild Pyrus calleryana rootstock. You might be able to graft apples or quince onto that, but, sadly, peaches or plums are out.