I am so glad I found your page. It has been a wealth of information, and I would like to thank all of you. I was wondering about preserving peppers in oil vinegar. I have found conflicting information, and would like to know what would be the truth, is it ok to do this? Do they need to be refrigerated? What is a basic recipe to preserve peppers? I have several varieties this year, and would like to learn more. I have chili, jalapeno, cajun red, Cayennes, hot yellow banana, and sweet yellow banana. Thank you for any assistance your expertise can provide.

Hello.........I place all my excess chilli peppers in oil. Olive oil or rapeseed. Sterilise the jars, cut the peppers open and that is it. Leave the jars in the cupboard or pantry.

Wow Picture.

In oil I know you can, an oil and vinegar mix I'm not sure. I'd just stick to oil, personally, probably a good olive oil as Pimpernel suggests. Great pic - dreading that this year again as winter approaches here...

No advice, just saying welcome to GoY!

Thought you might like this.