Snowdrop ?

Hi Everyone,

Could someone identify this Snowdrop for me, i bought last year as `bulbs in the green` and i am not sure what variety they are !

Is it 'Flore Pleno'?

It looks like flore pleno to me too but i'm not an expert.

Snowdrops in the 'green' are usually Galanthus nivalis. This is a 'double' flower so Rydeboyz and Seaburngirl are correct to add 'Flore Pleno' to the name making the full name:
Galanthus nivalis 'Flore Pleno'.
That is a very nice form you have, Peedee.

Thanks everone, i think your are right, it looks like FLORE PLENO,

I think it is hideous!

owdboggy.!!............its beautiful................

beauty in the eye of the beholder and the doting mum of her newborn child. still think mine looked like a beautiful gibbon!

though i do tend to prefer single flowers, better for the pollinators. but i do like this snowdrop.

Owdboggy! I can't believe that you don't like snowdrops - or is it just from this angle? LOL.

Owdboggy obviously prefers the simple beauty of the typical Snowdrop. Any mutation can seem like gilding the Lily. .I admire variety but at heart prefer the original just because it is as Nature intended.

Owdbody, you are obviously not a Galanthophile. In some quarters such a statement would get you hung, drawn and quartered! And you are entitled to your opinion.

Before you say I am not fond of Snowdrops I feel I should mention that we have a Snowdrop wood with probably about 10,000 Galanthus nivalis in it. We also have Gg. elwessi, woronowii, Brenda Troyle, imperialis Ginn's form to mention but a few. I just do not like the double forms.

Well answered, Owdbody. That sounds like a nice collection. We are not heavily into the wee white darlings but have to admit to a small collection.

• First snowdrop  (Galanthus nivalis)
  • Galanthus nivalis - double Snowdrop (Galanthus nivalis (Common snowdrop))
  • TINY SNOWDROP  from my new poem blog.
  • Snowdrops (Galanthus nivalis (Common snowdrop))